Investment air

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Investment air

Investment Air Discussion

Why Invest in Stock Market When There are Other Investments

Admin
    Admin

Why Invest in Stock Market When There are Other Investments Empty Why Invest in Stock Market When There are Other Investments

Post  Admin Thu 09 Apr 2009, 11:43 pm

Just make a simple comparison. As a smart investor, what would you choose ?? Cool
    FDDividend Based companyInvest in Risk Free Government Securities
    Put RM10,000 in Public BankAssume invest RM 10,000 in strong fundamental Buy Malaysia Treasury Bills
    for 1 yearcounter such as BURSA at current market priceinterest 1.89% ( Above 6 to 12 months )
    FD Interest is 2.50%Rm5.50.( 09/04/2009)
    Company declared final dividend 7.8 Sen
    X-date is 15/04/2009
    Computation interest that you earnComputation interest that you earnComputation interest that you earn
    Rm10,000 x 2.50% = Rm 250Buy 18 lots = 18 x 100 = 1800 Rm10,000 x 1.89 % = Rm 189.00
    Total share cost 1800 x Rm5.50 = Rm9,900
    250/10,000 = 2.5% ( I year interest) Brokerage fee 9,900 x 0.42% = Rm41.58189/10,000 = 1.89%
    Clearing Fee 9,900 x 0.03% = Rm 2.97
    2.5x 7/365 = 0.05%Stamp duty = Rm 10.001.89% x 7/365 = 0.04%
    Total cost Rm9954.55
    Dividend that you entitled is
    1800 X 7.8 Sen = Rm 140.40
    Dividend Yield is 7.8Sen/5.50 = 1.42%
    Admin
    Admin

Why Invest in Stock Market When There are Other Investments Empty Re: Why Invest in Stock Market When There are Other Investments

Post  Admin Thu 09 Apr 2009, 11:48 pm

Option A

Option B

Option C

Put Rm 10,000 FD in Public bank for one year and earn 2.5% interest?

Invest in Strong fundamental company such as Bursa and enjoy dividend.?

Invest in RFR Government T-Bills around 6 moths and earn 1.89% interest?

Final Result

If you choose A, in order to get 2.5%interest, you have to put in your money into bank for one year.

Final Result

If you choose B, you buy stock before ex-date (15/04/2009), let assume you buy on 14/04/2009 and you entitled the 7.8 Sen dividend.

And dividend yield is 1.42%

Final Result

If you choose C, in order to get 1.89% interest, you have to hold Government T-bills at lease 6 months.

Last edited by Admin on Sat 11 Apr 2009, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Admin
    Admin

Why Invest in Stock Market When There are Other Investments Empty Re: Why Invest in Stock Market When There are Other Investments

Post  Admin Sat 11 Apr 2009, 11:29 am

So, as a smart investor what would you choose???
    - Put in your money into bank for one year to get 2.5% interest
    - Or buy dividend based stock on 14/04/2009 and only one day you will get 1.42% dividend yield
    - Or hold Government T-bills at lease 6 months in order to get 1.89%
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri 17 Apr 2009, 5:05 pm

FOR ME, i will choose " B " lo............................he he.. Laughing Laughing
    I need to be a shareholder before Ex-dividend date to be entitled to the dividend.

Let's Prove it --------- Counter Name: Bursa ( 1818 )

Before Ex-dividend

14/04/2009

Ex-dividend

15/04/2009

After Ex-dividend

16/04/2009

Open : 5.760

Open : 5.90

Open : 6.150

High : 6.00

High : 6.050

High : 6.30

Low :5.750

Low : 5.750

Low :6.050

Close: 6.00

Close: 6.00

Close: 6.10

Vol : 1905000

Vol : 2815600

Vol : 3351300

Before ex-dividend date, stock price closed at Rm6.00. Stock price opend at Rm5.90 at ex-dividend date ( 15/04/2009 )
    and the price closed at Rm6.00. Share price usually goes down right after a dividend because of the new valuation based on less cash that the firm just distributed.
    Anyway, this dip usually doesn't last long for STRONG COMPANIES.................... Basketball Basketball

Last edited by Admin on Sun 19 Apr 2009, 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri 17 Apr 2009, 5:13 pm

Another question now arise, I’m sure many people will ask, why does a particular share price dips right after the ex-dividend ????? Question Question Question Question

EXPLANATION Arrow
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed 22 Apr 2009, 5:44 pm

It’s very rational to worry about how our funds in our saving accounts and fixed deposits are protected.

Every person should have well planned financial planning. Our monies should have two purposes. There are liquidity purposes and investment purposes.

First thing we should do in financial planning is to ensure we have sufficient monies to meet our daily liquidity ( money that we need for daily needs ) and short-term needs.

We should set aside more money in our saving account Very Happy Very Happy

1) If we have dependents such as parent, wife or children who depend on our income.

2) Or we have immediate goals. We should keep extra funds if we need them for something just a few months.

Once the liquidity needs have been take care of, any extra funds must be put to good use.

It’s less rational to put extra monies in our savings account or fixed deposits. For instance, put extra funds in fixed deposits for one year and just earn 2.2% interest. This return is measly and inflation easily trumps them. Cool Cool

We should take our extra funds in some investment. There are several investment options that we can choose such as, invest in share market, forex, derivative, government bond, corporate bond and etc.

For me, I prefer invest in share market. You know why ? Question Question

My personal opinion is that , during this bear run, I believe many investors are prefer stay on sideline and waiting for the market recovers in future or some of them are still waiting for the market hit the bottom line then they start to invest.

Actually, this is a good time for us to pick up some stocks that have a sound business model and good economic fundamentals.

There are many companies that they intrinsic value is underweight by market because of worldwide economic tumbled. I will start to pick some stocks when they down and once rationality returns, I will see my investment’s inherent value.

Do remember all the times ‘Buy Low and Sell high’ if you want to make money.

Some of the investors they still waiting for the market hit the bottom than they start to invest.

ha ha… I just want to say….hello, we’re not a god, how can we estimate when the market will hit the bottom. For me, of course I would not invest all my money in one buy, I prefer slowly pick up some valuable stocks and average down the buy price.

“20%, 20%, 20 %and 40%” is my investment strategy at this bear market.

Investment is always trade at you own risk no matter what kind of investment you are chosen ( except risk free risk investment such as, invest in government investment ).

Always remember do your own homework’s before start invest because we got to ensure our “margin is safety”. However, safety doesn’t mean a guarantee that our investment will not fall. It simply means that our investment can be considered safe because we believe it has good fundamentals and it has fallen to a level which gives much room for improvement. Its downside, if any, is likely limited. Razz Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 14 May 2024, 6:04 pm